www.acraftersheaven.com.au

Thankyou For stopping by to visit my little crafting corner. I have just started an online business www.acraftersheaven.com.au to sell my cards and I am also selling craft supplies. I love reading all your comments, and am happy to answer any questions.

You can also find me on Facebook here
https://www.facebook.com/ACraftersHeaven

Stay safe,
Tania

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Elisabeth Bell for Belles and Whistles Sisters


Good evening, Thanks for stopping by.  I got another parcel from teh Belles and Whistles closing down sale, so sorry, but you're going to get bombarded with these gorgeous images!  This one is called Sisters.  I think I need to add some bling to the top right corner, I need to sleep on the idea LOL!! Lots of pink going on here for the Copic Oz challenge... enter now because they will donate $5 for every card entry to the McGrath foundation how generous is that!!!!! I also decided for a change to do an easel card, thinking a twist easel card would be something a little different.... that's what I love about Challenge blogs... its not the prizes so much, but they make me do something I wouldn't ordinarily do or use colours I wouldn't ordinarily use.... only to find out that I LOVE the end result and find myself using those techniques more often than not :-)


Onto the card.... Papers are from Prima pad called Rondelle (my fav!!) I have cut the image using circle spellbinder and matted that with the scalloped circle nestie.  I have used flowers from WOC.  ribbon and lace from stash.  Stitching is by hand using DMC cross stitching thread.  I have made my own hat pin (metal for CRAFT challenge) and made those cute little rhinestone/pearl sprays..... I simply cut bits of fishing line glued rhinestones/pearls on to the line (with super tacky glue) and clipped the two ends together with a silver crimp (left over from my jewellery making days..... you could also use tiger wire to the same effect).  Here is a close up picture of the sprays:


I would like to enter in to the folowing challenges:
Copic Oz: Pink
C.R.A.F.T Challenge: Use metal on your card
Anything Goes Challenge: Make your own embellishment


I've been asked to list the colours I use...so here goes...

  (I use the tip to tip technique to blend colours... using the lighter colour to touch the darker colour, then colour with the lighter pen... I also dont recap while I am colouring.... I hold the group of pens I am using at the time in my left hand, colouring with my right, so the ink on the paper doesn't dry out too quickly... something Suzanne Dean taught me watching her you tube videos)

Skin: YR0000, E00, YR01 (cheeks) and R20 (blush)
Pinks: RV34 and RV81
 Blues: BG0000, BG01, BG05 and B000 (for the outside of the image-shading)
Grass: G05, G08 and G82
Bangles: Y18
Oranges: YR00, YR12 and YR15
Hair: E33, E40, E50 and E57
I also use N0 to darken my creases on the pants and tops

Thanks for stopping by, cant wait to hear what you all think about my card. Stay Safe XOX Tania

8 comments:

  1. Tania this is so sweet. A gorgeous card...love the colouring and the lovely details. The pin is so cute! :) Sorry for not being around lately...just getting around with the move! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Pretty card with a Cute image!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! And what a lovely looking angel pin. Really wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenges this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Tania - I love Elizabeth Bell images. I love the colours and embellishments on this card it all works together beautifully.
    Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week. Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this is absolutely gorgeous, I love the twisted easel and this one is fantastic, the image and papers look superb, thank you for joining our challenge at Bearly Mine this week.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and colouring - love all the detail!!!! Thanks so much for playing the CopicOz Challenge and helping us raise funds to support women with Breast Cancer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card you have made. It fits the Bearly Mine Challenge this week well. Thank you for taking part and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!!! Thanks for participating in our Chocolate,Coffee and Cards challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete