www.acraftersheaven.com.au

Thankyou For stopping by to visit my little crafting corner. I have just started an online business www.acraftersheaven.com.au to sell my cards and I am also selling craft supplies. I love reading all your comments, and am happy to answer any questions.

You can also find me on Facebook here
https://www.facebook.com/ACraftersHeaven

Stay safe,
Tania

Friday, July 26, 2013

A christmas verse swing card


Hi there (again!)  I have gone with something a little bit different here by just using a sentiment and no image. The beautiful verse is by Verses Rubber stamps called "Magic of holidays" and I have silver embossed it.  I have used no DP here, instead using a cuttlebug embossing folder on white card - swiss dots. I have matted it with  purple glitter cardstock.  Now, one problem I encountered here is that the cuttlebug folders do not emboss a 15cm square card... so what I had to do for the inside was to emboss two pieces of card and hide the join under the ribbon! No one ever knows (unless you're a crafter lol)  I bought a new spellbinders die called elegant labels which I just had to use here... it does overhang the card a little, but still manages to fit in my boxes I make.  I glued the die cut to the glitter paper and handcut around the base... I guess you could use JAC paper in the same way and sprinkle the cut out parts with glitter too!  The flowers are Wild Orchid Crafts sprinkled with loads of glitter and I made the angel charm myself.  The little crystal and ribbon is from my LSS Arnolds Scrapbooking at Rothwell.

Here's my tip.... glitter paper is expensive and doesn't tend to glue anything to the top very well.  what I do is cut the matting (glitter) piece, then cut the centre out (so it looks like a frame)  the back of the glitter card glues perfectly to your base card, then you can stick you white  piece directly onto the actual card as well (I usually cut the frame about 1.5cm wide around... my top card goes over the top of the glitter paper to give a clean edge, but you can still stick the top piece directly onto the base card through the window section).  this way you can use the inside of the glitter window for things like snowflakes or butterflies etc. You could even "pop" up the top card onto some foam dots for dimension!


Wild Orchid Crafts is asking to see blue or purple, so would like to enter a second card into their challenge


Thanks for stopping by, Stay Safe XOX Tania

No comments:

Post a Comment