www.acraftersheaven.com.au

Thankyou For stopping by to visit my little crafting corner. I have just started an online business www.acraftersheaven.com.au to sell my cards and I am also selling craft supplies. I love reading all your comments, and am happy to answer any questions.

You can also find me on Facebook here
https://www.facebook.com/ACraftersHeaven

Stay safe,
Tania

Thursday, September 5, 2013

box tutorial for cards

Hi there. A really quick post today with the tutorial for making boxes for square cards.  I thought I had a tutorial on this, but cant find it, so here it is:

You can adjust measurements to suit your cards.  Basically what you do is measure you card- I make my cards 14.8cm square ....  Add 4mm to this measurement.   This is going to be the base of your box.  I do my boxes 2.5cm or 1 inch deep, so you need to add this to the cardstock measurement X 2.  So in total you should have a 20.2cm piece of cardstock for the base box (that is 15.2cm + 2.5cm + 2.5cm).  Score each edge 2.5cm or 1 inch.  then score each little corner on the box diagonally (the first picture may best describe what I mean).  then it is a matter of gluing the corners in.  I find it helpful to fold up all the score lines before gluing and just hold the corners with a paper clip until the glue takes hold.  Do exactly the same technique for the lid EXCEPT add 0.3mm to the size of the cardstock... so you will have a piece of card 20.5cm square, scoring at 2.5cm or 1 inch around each side.  You need this extra little bit so the top sits over the base.

Take a look at the pictures below, they will be much more helpful in explaining how to make these boxes. If you have any questions, please drop me a message.

Stay safe XOX Tania







No comments:

Post a Comment