www.acraftersheaven.com.au

Thankyou For stopping by to visit my little crafting corner. I have just started an online business www.acraftersheaven.com.au to sell my cards and I am also selling craft supplies. I love reading all your comments, and am happy to answer any questions.

You can also find me on Facebook here
https://www.facebook.com/ACraftersHeaven

Stay safe,
Tania

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentines swing trifold Card + Tutorial

Goodmorning! As promised last night (well very early this morning LOL!) here is the tutorial for the swing trifold card. Start with a piece of card 14cm x 28cm or 5.5" x 11". fold in half then fold the top opening flap in half again. I like to put my design paper on here as it is easier when you cut your swing..... so for my heart paper, I cut three pieces- 2 @ 13.6cm (2 5/8") x 6.7cm ( 5 3/8") and one piece @ 13.6cm (5 3/8") x 13.6 (5 3/8")


To make your swing, choose your desired nestie shape and place it central over the two smaller sections. you are going to cut your swing out of the second section. Place your top clear pad over the second section....NOTE: your die will not be completely covered with your clear shim! Run through your machine as normal.




you will end up with the above

out of your base colour, cut two shapes with the same size die as you did your swing part....one will be glued over the front swing, the other will go on the inside of the to write on (the inside heart should be directly under the swinging section so when the card is closed you wont be able to see it)...you can use alternating nesting die for the top layer in a different design paper.
decorate as you desire...here I have used ribbon, a key charm, flowers from wild orchid crafts and crystal chandeliers also from wild orchid crafts. ... I ran out of large red roses, so misted a cream rose with glimmer mist "red Velvet"
Hope this helps you and is easy enough to follow...have fun experimenting...

I am entering into the "Anything goes" challenge over at Papertake weekly with the addition of hearts
take care XOX Tania

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a very good tutorial. I especially like the suggestion to only put the clear plastic cutting board over the part that will be cut. I have done this type of card before and that was the hardest part. I also liked your idea to add layers first to help with positioning. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete