www.acraftersheaven.com.au

Thankyou For stopping by to visit my little crafting corner. I have just started an online business www.acraftersheaven.com.au to sell my cards and I am also selling craft supplies. I love reading all your comments, and am happy to answer any questions.

You can also find me on Facebook here
https://www.facebook.com/ACraftersHeaven

Stay safe,
Tania

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

magnolia book card thingy hehe (with a little tutorial)

Hello!! I was so excited when I got this book card thingy finished (well that's what I call it hehe!)  I saw this type of paper project over at Malin's  and remember thinking..."How awesome!!". Mine is nothing on hers, but I had to try making one!!!  I have used two magnolia images for this one- Fancy Romantic Tilda and Longing Tilda.  As you can tell, I am still getting used to colouring with copics...... I would like to say I am getting better, but I am still struggling a little.  BUT... I don't think it looks TOO bad right???  I have cut the lacey circles with my spellbinder die, used flowers from wild orchid crafts and ribbon from stash.  I have been wanting a Martha Stewart butterfly punch, but with postage cost, just haven't been able to afford it, so I went down to Sam's Warehouse (like a $2 shop) and got this beautiful butterfly  punch for $15.  The swirls are cut with my cricut and I've lathered it with pearls and stickles.
I would like to enter into the following challenges:
Wild Orchid Crafts: anything goes
Cute Card Thursday: a touch of sparkle 


When you open the inside, this is what you get..... some more flowers and crystal chandeliers from WOC and the beautiful longing tilda.  this next picture gives a better idea of the boxed card which stops the flowers from getting squashed.
thanks for stopping by, please read further if you would like to know how I did this book
Stay Safe XOX Tania

so, do you want to know how I did this box??
You need two A3 sheets of 600gsm multiboard (I bought mine from officeworks and it comes in packs of 25). One sheet you need to cut 6 x 14cm squares.  From the second sheet, you need to cut a strip 14cm x 29.5cm (the width of the sheet) put this aside for later... now, cut the rest of that sheet into 4 more 14cm squares.  You want to take your squares and cut the centre out of them to make a frame.....I have cut a frame depth of 2cm around.... you should have 10 "frames".  It doesn't matter if your square frames are not perfectly the same dimensions- it adds to the book effect! On one frame glue your patterned cardstock- let dry, turn upside down and trim around the frame.  Glue all your frames together, stacking them on top of each other trying to keep them neat, but not necessarily perfect!  With your 14 x 29.5cm strip, you need to "cut to score" 14.3cms from each edge- this will leave you with 1cm in the centre for the spine of the book.  Fold the book covers in, glue in your stack of frames on the bottom of the book and you are ready to decorate once dry.
Hope this makes sense
Take Care XOX Tania

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely Tania. Thanks for sharing how to make it.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! What a beauty! Thank you for joining us at WOCC!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete