www.acraftersheaven.com.au

Thankyou For stopping by to visit my little crafting corner. I have just started an online business www.acraftersheaven.com.au to sell my cards and I am also selling craft supplies. I love reading all your comments, and am happy to answer any questions.

You can also find me on Facebook here
https://www.facebook.com/ACraftersHeaven

Stay safe,
Tania

Monday, June 4, 2012

Another Krista Smith Bubbles + tutorial to make and color acetate butterflies




Hi again! thanks for dropping by.  I have a tendancy when printing digi images to size them and copy two prints to one A5 page so I then have two images to colour.  Moral to the story- my poor visitors have to put up with two of the same image on my posts :0)  I do try and colour them differently though if that makes a difference LOL!!! This is the lovely Krista Smith's "bubbles" you can get from her store here. The gorgeous DP is from We R Memory Keepers called "Cindy"- good day sunshine collection. The pics dont do the paper justice- it has lovely swirls and glitter over it- it is just divine.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, the ribbon is from my stash.  The acetate butterfly is hand made....please scroll down if you are interested in how I colour my acetate butterflies. the image is cut using a spellbinder nestie.  Hope this offers a different look on my previous "bubbles" card.  Stay safe XOX Tania.


Aren't these butterflies cute??? I do them by hand from plain clear acetate....you can too! Here's how:

Supplies: clear acetate,  Staz on Ink, butterfly stamp (my butterflies are from a 2001 stampin up! set called wonderful wings), dimensional magic - avail in my shop here (must be dimensional magic as products such as diamond glaze etc are too thick and will crack when dry) glitter (I use glamour dust- it doesnt have the green highlights you get with crystal glitters) copics or permanent markers such as Bic or sharpies to use to colour your butterflies.


stamp your butterfly onto your acetate using Staz On ink (I use the colour Jet Black) 

In a little pot/bowl, mix some glitter into your dimension magic and paint a thin layer over your stamped image (the staz on side)

Let dry...you can re paint another layer if you want it ultra sparkly. Let Dry.

You need to paint the glitter mix completely over the stamped image or your staz on ink will bleed into your pens.

colour your desired colours over the dry glitter.  cut around your butterfly,  turn over and viola! one sparkly butterfly

Note: you will only be working on one side of the acetate so the other side stays smooth and shiny.

I fold the wings up in the centre to add the feeling of them flying away



1 comment:

  1. Wow - what a gorgeous card! Thanks for tutorial about colouring the butterflies that you stamped on the acetate - and I really LOVE how it looks. Will definitely have to try this idea.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comments about my alien space card - they made my day!!

    {{hugs}}
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete